Subject: Re: gunzip: xserver.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Larry Kollar <larry.kollar@arris-interactive.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 14:49:31
Makoto Fujiwara writes:

> One strange thing that gzip on New 1.3 has a problem.
> xserver.tgz
> xcontrib.tgz
> xfont.tgz
> can not be decompressed with crc error.
> (So I gunzip those files on different machine.)

I had a similar problem with the kern_sbc.tgz and comp.tgz tarballs.
But in my case, the crc errors appeared both in the Installer and
in Mac Gzip.

I solved my problem by FTP'ing the kern_sbc.tgz file to my Mac at
work and taking it home on a floppy.  It installed successfully, so
I set up PPP under NetBSD, FTP'ed the comp.tgz file directly into
NetBSD, and unpacked it from the root directory.

Perhaps ftp.netbsd.org had some problems that have been corrected,
or a network error corrupted the files in transit.  Try downloading
the files again, or try using a different server such as
<ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/eskimo.copy/tarballs/>.

	Larry Kollar (send replies to my home address, kollar@stc.net)