Subject: Re: Are binaries compatible to sun-3x ?
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 07:48:16
On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:

: I have another question. The subject says almost all.
: I am running NetBSD-sun3x ( 1.2E though ) next to the MacIIci.
: Are the binaries on those machine compatible ?

: (1)NetBSD on Mac-68k and Sun-3x (not OS itself) binaries are
: compatible and if it is not, it should be fixed.

All binaries in the m68k line (amiga, atari, hp300, mac68k, mvme68k, sun3,
sun3x, x68k) are compatible except the kernel and bootblocks (/usr/mdec/*).

This was actually true since 1.2 (earlier in some cases), but officially
documented in 1.3.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price