Subject: Are binaries compatible to sun-3x ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 21:38:32
Thanks for advicing me on
Subject: Re: message "/netbsdadb: standard keyboard at 2" has ^H^H
( Work around for strange si problem and od -x use octal on
address column.)

I have another question. The subject says almost all.
I am running NetBSD-sun3x ( 1.2E though ) next to the MacIIci.
Are the binaries on those machine compatible ?

What is right among following ?

(1)NetBSD on Mac-68k and Sun-3x (not OS itself) binaries are
compatible and if it is not, it should be fixed.

(2)They are almost compatible, but not guaranteed. Run binaries
at users risk.

(3)They may be compatible, but nobody knows.

  Once in a while I used tcsh-6.07.02 binaries compiled on
NetBSD-sun3x on NetBSD-Mac68k but I become suspicous on doing
that. Because if ( by any other reason ) it core dumps, I can not
tell what is wrong if (2) or (3) is the case.

If (1) is the case, I want share /usr/local with sun-3x.
---
(Makoto Fujiwara)