Subject: if_se: can it work for other ports?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 06:01:53
I have seen the cost of the Cabletron EA41x units used, specifically the
EA412, and I'd love to get one to use with NetBSD/amiga.  The driver _seems_
to be machine-independent, but I'd lik to ask a few questions of someone who
uses it and possibly knows a little about its internals.

- Does it need the /dev node to function properly, or can it be configured
  from `ifconfig'?  (NetBSD/amiga, as shipped, doesn't have a /dev number
  assigned to it, though that can be fixed.)
- Does the EA412 pull powr from the SCSI port, or by an external power pack?
  (If the SCSI port, do you know which pins and how much voltage?)
- The important thing:  How fast?

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price