Subject: Re: port-mac68k-digest V1 #309
To: NetBSD Mac <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 02:23:01
> I was not able to find the error message 'receiver ring buffer overrun'
> anywhere in the source files, so I couldn't comment it out. (I looked
> *everywhere* in /usr/src.) Can someone more well-versed than I help me
> find this?

I should add that this message is coming from the ae driver. I couldn't
grep it anywhere in the source files (unless I'm missing something). (Is
there a way to do a recursive grep? I had to search directory by
directory.)

> My final task in making the machine totally headless is to redirect
> console output to an arbitrary pty (preferably on the fly). I saw
> something about this in the tty(4) man page, but not being a programmer
> (yet) it didn't make much sense to me. I did leave options UCONSOLE
> defined in my kernel config file; I just need to know how to take
> advantage of it. Can this be done on the command line, or from a shell
> script?

A C program would be fine too, if someone could show me what to write.
(I don't know C yet. :)

Thanks!

- Amitai

--
Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex.
     -- Karl Marx