Subject: Re: Extended Keyboard
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/19/1998 15:59:10
Kevin Havener <havenerk@Walden.MO.NET>  wrote:

Kevin> Yeah, I'm using vt220 on the console.  Haven't mucked
Kevin> with X yet except to verify that it worked.  Yay!

ok.  I think your problem is related to inconsistency of
termcap entry and character code your keyboard generates.

Please try following step and let me know the result.

1. Invoke vi.
2. Type `a' or `i' to insert charcters.
3. Type ^V (ctl-v) and <one of the arrow key> and show what
   shows on screen.

In my case, I typed left arrow key and got `^[OD'.  My
termcap file contains `kl' entry and is `kl=\EOD'.  They
should be consistent with each other.

Kevin> I have the FAQ in front of my now, but I'm not
Kevin> finding what I need.  There's a question about X and
Kevin> an answer about .xmodmap (I think it was) but haven't
Kevin> found anything about console or dt yet.  Actually I
Kevin> don't have dt installed yet.  Maybe it says something
Kevin> about the problem in the dt docs.

It seems to be added to the FAQ.  How do you think, Colin?

Kevin>                                     Kevin

Kevin> PS Along these same lines, does the fact that I'm
Kevin> using some 3rd party extended keyboard matter?

I donno, but if arrow keys generate some kind of charcters,
it handled with termcap.

I hope it helps.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_Sunagawa@yokogawa.co.jp>