Subject: Extended Keyboard
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Havener <havenerk@Walden.MO.NET>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1998 23:35:46
What do I have to do to make my Q650 running NetBSD 1.3 recognize/utilize
an extended keyboard.  Actually, I think the bootup messages indicate
that an extended keyboard is recognized.  OK, the numerical keypad works,
too.  The most important thing to me is the arrow keys.  Using hjkl in vi
is killing me.  My fingers automatically go to the arrow keys.  On my
linux box, the arrow keys work as you would expect.  Is this because on
my linux system vi==vim or is it because my linux system uses ncurses or
is it some other keyboard mapping doodad?  I am aware that the arrows map
to the 2nd and 3rd buttons on a 3-button mouse, but isn't that in
conjunction with an alt/command/ctrl key?  Any suggestions welcome.

                                    Kevin