Subject: Kernel customizing
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Amitai Schlair <amitai@b60735.STUDENT.CWRU.Edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1998 13:37:18
Well, I built myself a kernel last night. Very easy! Thanks for the nice setup
and HOWTO.

I was not able to find the error message 'receiver ring buffer overrun'
anywhere in the source files, so I couldn't comment it out. (I looked
*everywhere* in /usr/src.) Can someone more well-versed than I help me find
this?

My final task in making the machine totally headless is to redirect console
output to an arbitrary pty (preferably on the fly). I saw something about this
in the tty(4) man page, but not being a programmer (yet) it didn't make much
sense to me. I did leave options UCONSOLE defined in my kernel config file;
I just need to know how to take advantage of it. Can this be done on the
command line, or from a shell script?

- Amitai