Subject: Re: Son of "compiling perl"
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1998 18:46:30
On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:

.. Well, the upgrade to NetBSD 1.3-RELEASE seems to have helped my compile
.. of perl a little bit.  Whereas it failed tests on two test scripts
.. before, it only fails on one now.  That one is the lib/odbm test.  This
.. is also the test that was specifically mentioned as being the one the
.. upgrade to 1.3 R would fix.  The message I get is:
..
.. lib/odbm....../usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_dbminit" called from
.. perl:../lib/auto/ODBM_File
.. /ODBM_File.so at 0x410c1c4
.. dubious

On my machine all tests pass, but lib/odbm is not executed (skipping test
on this platform (gdbm is skipped as well, while ndbm passes)).

Have you given non-default answers to any of the questions asked by
Configure ?

- Erik