Subject: Son of "compiling perl"
To: Port-mac68k <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1998 11:06:18
Well, the upgrade to NetBSD 1.3-RELEASE seems to have helped my compile =

of perl a little bit.  Whereas it failed tests on two test scripts =

before, it only fails on one now.  That one is the lib/odbm test.  This =

is also the test that was specifically mentioned as being the one the =

upgrade to 1.3 R would fix.  The message I get is:

lib/odbm....../usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_dbminit" called from=
 =

perl:../lib/auto/ODBM_File
/ODBM_File.so at 0x410c1c4
dubious
          Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)

[it then goes on to other test scripts and ends with:]

Failed Test    Status    Wstat     Total     Fail      Failed    List of =

failed
__
_______________
lib/odbm.t          1      256       ??       ??            %     ??
Failed 1/153 test scripts, 99.35% okay.  0/4839 subtests failed 100.00% =

okay.

Anyone else seen this?  I am trying to compile perl5.004_04, which is to =

my knowledge, the latest release.  I still have 5.004_03 made here on my =

drive (the first one to fail).  I will try to see if the upgrade to 1.3 =

RELEASE gets it to pass completely.

Any ideas of libraries or other software packages I could get that would =

increase my chances of a good compile due to libraries/includes they =

would add to my system?

Cheers,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com
"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current"
("They change their sky but not their soul who cross
  the ocean.")  --  Horace
  =