Subject: Re: Is there an RPM decoder ring?
To: Larry E Kollar <kollar@stc.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1998 00:05:05
	There is a copy of rpm in the packages distribution - download the
	pkgsrc tarfile (currently around 700K)

      ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/pkgsrc.tar.gz

        and extract in '/usr'. This will create a '/usr/pkgsrc' hierarchy of
        package subdirectories. If you have a direct internet connection you
        can then cd into the appropriate subdirectory and just type 'make',
        then 'make install'. If you do not have a direct internet connection
        you need to obtain the source for the package (check the appropriate
        makefile for the location) and put it into /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles.

		David/absolute

- This will be a year of low profile for the dog people. Don't do anything
- business impulsive or make any grand decision. If you plan to expand
- your or career, do it slowly and gradually. your health will be stable
- as long as you exercise regularly. There might be temptation for
- affairs, resist it - don't risk losing your relationship or marriage.