Subject: Re: post-upgrade booting questions
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/18/1998 11:45:11
Hi,

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> It wasn't me, actually :-)  However, I do have a question....had you
> upgraded your binaries and your kernel at the same time?  If your binaries
> are out of sync, I'd expect an error like this.

I thought it was. In any case, the kernel and the binaries are from the
exact same distribution (ie., 1.3-RELEASE) downlaoded at the same time
from the same place. I have always had that error message on my C650 from
the NetBSD 1.2 days. Note that ps, vmstat, and the like all DO work. So it
does not exhibit any of the other symptoms of having kernel and binaries
"out of sync."

> > BTW, my
> > kernel is named 'netbsd'. Even though the error message is annoying, it
> > does not seem to cause any problems. If you want to stop the error
> > message, then you can edit the /etc/rc.conf file and change
>
> Do you still see this error, Mark?

If I set SAVECORE=NO, then the error message does NOT appear.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/