Subject: Re: netatalk papd question...
To: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1998 21:23:01
Capt. Avram Dorfman wrote:

[ print jobs dying.... ]

> When it dies, I get an entry in my lpd spooler logfile w/ a ghostscript
> error in it. It's pretty big, but the gist of it is
>
>    Error: /invalidfont in -dict-
>    Operand stack:
>       Charcoal   --dict:12/25--   Font   Charcoal   --dict:12/25--   Charcoal
>
> The rest of it is a gs stack trace. What I don't get is that if I print
> to a postscript file on the mac, and then do an "lpr <file>" on netbsd,
> it works fine.
>
> What am I missing?

Apparently, the charcoal font.  That's probably a TrueType font which the
LaserWriter 8 driver is properly frobbing into something the PostScript
interpreter can understand when you print to a PostScript file.  However,
gs or whatever is doing the interpreting on the NetBSD machine doesn't
have this capability.  Try using another font besides Charcoal (and why
are you using it, anyway?  I thought it was only for screen display...)

Of course, I know next to nothing about this, so it's all pretty much a
guess.  Good luck!

Later.