Subject: Re: Kernel problem solved, on to the next questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Larry E Kollar <kollar@stc.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1998 23:17:48
Bill Studenmund writes:

LK>>   - I got "silo overflow" msgs while FTP'ing, ...
>
>The silo overflows are coming from the serial port. What speed are you
>using?

38400 bps to a 33600 bps modem.  Effective throughput was 20000 to 25000
bps, which is comparable to MacOS performance on this machine.  The errors
didn't appear at times I would have expected them to -- that is, during
disk writes and so on.  They just popped up in the middle of things.

BTW, lynx is *awesome* on the console!!!  100x48 has 80x24 beat any day. :-)

LK>>   - Here's the off-beat one -- what will it take to get LocalTalk
LK>>     working?
>
>It'll take getting me through grad school. :-) It's the top thing on my
>to-do list, and I've gotten pieces started. But I'm not there yet. :-(
>I hope to get it going in the next few months.

I'm glad someone's at least getting something together! :-)  Anything I
can do to help???

--
Larry Kollar    | Dawson County GA, Tandy 600, WordBasic pages at:
kollar@stc.net  | http://www.nyx.net/~lekollar/