Subject: Re: Fresh Start
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1998 11:51:50
Chris wrote:

> Instead I'm here downloading the 1.3 binaries, and I noticed a few
> differnt X things.  I'm wondering which files I need to get to run X in
> 1.3

It depends on whether or not you plan to use the local display.  If you're
going to be running the Xserver on your NetBSD machine, then you'll need
the xbase.tgz, xserver.tgz, and xfont.tgz sets.  You might also want the
xcontrib.tgz set (it has stuff like xload and xev in it).  If all you want
to do is run X clients on the NetBSD machine and use another machine as
the display, you'll only need the xbase.tgz (and maybe xcontrib.tgz) sets.
If you want to be able to compile X programs in the future, you'll need to
get the xcomp.tgz set, since it contains the necessary header files and
all the Imake stuff.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Later.