Subject: Re: HELLO???!
To: Rodney Myrup (spot) <g01s61@spot.onysd.wednet.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/17/1998 23:53:04
Hi,

First, I would strongly recommend reading the MacBSD FAQ.  The URL is

  http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

Obviously, you will want to pay special attention to the section on X.

Second, I would recommend _The X Window System in a Nutshell_ by Ellie
Cutler, et al. It is one of the O'Reilly Nutshell books and covers all of
the standard X clients as well as X server issues.

Third, RTFM. The best place to start is

  man X

Finally, if you are using the 1.3 X distribution, it is based on XFree86,
so you might want to check out the XFree86 FAQ.  The URL is

  http://www.xfree86.org/

Mark

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Rodney Myrup (spot) wrote:

> Can anyone help me?????  My previous letter about X
>
> subject: Newbie X
> (I think)

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!