Subject: Re: Another BSD question
To: None <dillera@geocities.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1998 10:02:25
dillera wrote:

> Hello, this question deals more with BSD, but since I am running it on my se/30, I'll try here.
>
> What is up with having to type a ./ before programs will run when I am in that directory?
>
> I know its go to be something in my path statement.
[snip]
> set path=(/sbin /usr/sbin /bin /usr/bin /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/X11R6/lib)
[snip]
> any ideas???

Hmmmm...the above set path line should at least give you the ability to
type "xterm" and have it work.  The reason why you have to do "./" in
general, tho, is that you don't have the current directory in your path.
Change the above line to read:

set path=(/sbin /usr/sbin /bin /usr/bin /usr/X11R6/bin .)

and it will fix that.  BTW, you _don't_ need /usr/X11R6/lib in your path.
There shouldn't be any executables in that directory.

Once you've added the above line, you'll need to either log out and back
in or else do a "source ~/.cshrc" to get the changes to take effect.  Oh,
also, you said you were in /user/X11R6/bin...if that's truly the case, you
really need to make sure that it gets moved to /usr/X11R6/bin instead.
Lot's of thing will probably break otherwise.

I hope this helps some.

Later.