Subject: Re: Mac Classic II - Modem Port Not Working under MacBSD 1.3
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brennan Weir <datas@ozemail.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/1998 18:52:57
Thanks Bill, I too have found myself asking clients - is it plugged in at
the wall? :-)

Seriously though, there is no change in hardware since the fully operational
1.2 BSD was replaced.
The modem port is now acting like /dev/null!

I've checked voltages on the Modem Port and they are "normal" (as normal as
Macs ever get),
and the Tx+ Tx- pair are energised when BSD boots as normal.

I know that there is nothing wrong with the Mac hardware. (It functions
outside of BSD)

I have tried many booter settings from 1200-57600 baud, stty raw, etc.
Any time the console is set to modem the boot halts at (with debugging set
to 1)
Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.

Swapping the console to Printer allows BSD to boot, but the modem
port is unusable beyond that.

Regards,

Brennan Weir
datas@ozemail.com.au