Subject: Re: Powerprint serial/parallel converter?
To: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
From: Stefan Schmiedl <swsch@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/14/1998 06:33:27
> Has anyone tried messing with the powerprint serial to parallel converter
> on NetBSD? I'd like to get an HP LaserJet 6Lse working via ghostscript on
> NetBSD. It only has a parallel port.

I am using PowerPrint hardware with an OKI 610ex which works fine.

> So, one question is, am I dreaming? The other question is, if this is
> possible, what on earth do I set my serial port to? How do I figure out
> what "baud", etc? Is there even any such thing as baud for a parallel port?

The serial side wants 57600 baud, 8 data 1 stop no parity, Xon/Xoff
No character replacement should be performed on output.

If you know the speed of the printer under MacOS, eg when printing some
DVI-file, watch it under NetBSD when printing something preprocessed
with dvilj ...

Regards
--
Stefan Schmiedl      <phone: +49 (0)9421 923916>
Ittlinger Str. 27c   <mailto:swsch@pobox.com>