Subject: Re: netatalk in GENERIC?
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: Steve Quint <Squint@flash.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 23:11:03
At 11:06 PM -0800 1/13/98, Amitai Schlair wrote:
>Is netatalk enabled in 1.3 GENERIC? I ask because I installed the
>netatalk package from ftp.netbsd.org on my machine, and on boot I get
>the following:
>
>starting appletalk daemons:
>bind: Can't assign requested address
>bind: Can't assign requested address
> nbprgstr papd afpd
>afpd[770]: main: atp_open: Can't assign requested address
>
>It could very well be that I don't understand how to configure
>atalkd.conf, but it could also very well be that netatalk is simply not
>in the GENERIC kernel. Please advise?

Netatalk support is in the generic kernel.

Your problem stems from a bad 'install' target in the makefile.  Copy
atalkd to the directory specified in rc.atalk (/usr/local/atalk/etc by
default) and try again.

Steve

"Always ... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is
better. And twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad. And too
much is never enough except when it's just about right."
			-- The Tick