Subject: Re: MRG_ADB kernel option
To: Rodney M. Hopkins <rhopkins@sunflower.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 21:39:04
	There are two ways to access ADB devices (keyboard, mouse, etc)
	eitehr by setting up enough 'glue' so that the ROM based routines
	rused under MacOS can be used (MRG_ADB), or by having code in the
	kernel to talk directly to the devices on the bus (HWDIRECT).

	HWDIRECT is really the better way to go, but some macs still
	require the older MRG_ADB approach.

		David/abs

   _.oXo._   Too complex to explain, too simplistic to admit.   _.oXo._