Subject: Powerprint serial/parallel converter?
From: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 22:44:31
Has anyone tried messing with the powerprint serial to parallel converter
on NetBSD? I'd like to get an HP LaserJet 6Lse working via ghostscript on
NetBSD. It only has a parallel port.

I got the PowerPrint package for MacOS, which comes w/ a serial/parallel
converter, and software to convert Quickdraw images to HP PCL so they can
print on HP (and other) printer.

So, one question is, am I dreaming? The other question is, if this is
possible, what on earth do I set my serial port to? How do I figure out
what "baud", etc? Is there even any such thing as baud for a parallel port?

Of course I did check the printer and converter docs, and neither of them
says anything about "baud". Any ideas? Anyone tried this?

-Capt Avram Dorfman
Chief, Network Operations
email: dorfman@pentagon.mil
(last resort email: avram@pobox.com)