Subject: Re: X forwarding
To: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 11:59:56
	'startx' will try to start the X server on the NetBSD mac, then
	all the clients - since it cant start the server, it will fail.

	xhost will try to connect to the X server running on the NetBSD
	mac to tell it to allow connections from otehr hosts. Again, since
	there is no X server running on the NetBSD mac it will fail.

	What you want to do is run clients on the NetBSD mac, with their
	display set to the other box.

	Try:
		% setenv DISPLAY 10.0.2.16:0.0
		% xterm &

	(Assuming 10.0.2.16 is your MI/X box).
	If you want to get the same setup as from startx:

		% setenv DISPLAY 10.0.2.16:0.0
		% sh ~/.xinit

	should work.

		David/absolute

	   Raise your standards and lower your expectations...
	            and we'll get along just fine.