Subject: Kernels & FP Emulation
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bryan Clingman <bac@realtimeweb.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 16:34:01
I noticed the Makefile in the mac68k/conf directory specifies:

CPPFLAGS = ... -Dmc68020
CFLAGS = .... -msoft-float

If my machine (a IIcx) has a FPU and is a 68030, what does this do?

I built a kernel by removing the -msoft-float and changing the -Dmc68020
to -Dmc68030, but it was unreliable (invalid instructions on getty, tcsh
etc).  With just the -Dmc68020 changed back to -Dmc68030, it seems more
reliable, but there are still problems.

I'm assuming that the -Dmc68020 is for some #ifdef'ed piece of code and
can rationalize it, but the -msoft-float confuses me.

btw,  My config file doesn't include FPU_EMULATE or FPSP.

--
bac@realtimeweb.com
	-- To be continued --