Subject: RE: Apple 8*24 video card
To: 'wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu' <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 22:34:11
Bill wrote:

> > > Oh, and yes, I have a NUBUS video card (Apple 8*24), it should
work with
> > > color in 8 bit mode, right?
> >
> > It "should" work.
>
> Depends. I think the 8*24 video cards had on-board accelerators. If
so,
> then chances are slim that it'll work. If it's just a video frame
buffer,
> then it should work.

Wasn't that the 8*24GC? This card is so slow in 24 bit mode under MacOS
I can't believe it has an accelerator...

Anyway, both LKM and the SLOTMAN kernel crashes so maybe you're right.

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2