Subject: Re: Compiling perl
To: Port-mac68k <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 13:27:33
On 1/13/98 7:23 AM, Erik Bertelsen at erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:
>
>.. I am trying to install perl on my IIci running 1.3_alpha, and it seem=
s to =

>.. have gone mostly ok.  In fact, thanks to perl's "make test", I can =

>.. quantify "mostly ok".  The two tests it fails are lib/complex and =

>.. lib/odbm.  For lib/complex, of a total of 762 test on lib/complex it =

>.. fails 3 for a failure rate of 0.39%.  lib/odbm fares less well.  The =
test =

>.. of lib/odbm returns:
>
>You should really upgrade to NetBSD 1.3 (i.e. the real non-ALPHA release=
).

This seems as if it is becoming unavoidable.  (I have /etc-setting-angst.=
)

>For a time we had a bug in libm, that caused some floating point
>operations fail. This bug happenend to be caught by perls self tests.
>
>On NetBSD before and after this specific problems, perl would build
>as pass all selftests with not diagnostics.

Well, then that'd be the ticket.  As it is, I found out that the latest =

version of perl is 5.004_04, and I was installing 5.004_01.

Regards,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com            TSSchulze@aol.com

=2E..determines to remain actively seized of the matter.