Subject: RE: ae problems w/Farallon EtherMac
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 17:20:05
Colin Wood wrote:

> Amitai Schlair wrote:
> >
> > I've been noticing some error messages popping up every now and then
on
> > the console: "Jan 12 23:33:22 b60735 /netbsd: ae2: warning -
receiver
> > ring buffer overrun"
> >
> > Any ideas what this might be? The card in ae2 is a "Farallon
EtherMac
> > II-C, 32KB memory" (from dmesg).
>
> Chances are you're receiving data faster than the kernel can handle
it.
> Do you have a lot of traffic on you net?  What kind of machine is it?

Could this be a MI problem? I'm seeing these messages on my MicroVAX II
running NetBSD/vax 1.2:

qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 13
qe0: ring overrun, resync'd by skipping 9

Pure coincidence or a government conspiracy? If so, which government?
The truth is out there... ;-)

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2