Subject: Re: Compiling perl
To: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 07:23:33
On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, T. Sean (Theo) Schulze wrote:

.. I am trying to install perl on my IIci running 1.3_alpha, and it seems to
.. have gone mostly ok.  In fact, thanks to perl's "make test", I can
.. quantify "mostly ok".  The two tests it fails are lib/complex and
.. lib/odbm.  For lib/complex, of a total of 762 test on lib/complex it
.. fails 3 for a failure rate of 0.39%.  lib/odbm fares less well.  The test
.. of lib/odbm returns:

You should really upgrade to NetBSD 1.3 (i.e. the real non-ALPHA release).

For a time we had a bug in libm, that caused some floating point
operations fail. This bug happenend to be caught by perls self tests.

On NetBSD before and after this specific problems, perl would build
as pass all selftests with not diagnostics.

best regards
Erik Bertelsen.