Subject: Compiling perl
To: Port-mac68k <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <tschulze@compuserve.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 00:52:50
I am trying to install perl on my IIci running 1.3_alpha, and it seems to=
 =

have gone mostly ok.  In fact, thanks to perl's "make test", I can =

quantify "mostly ok".  The two tests it fails are lib/complex and =

lib/odbm.  For lib/complex, of a total of 762 test on lib/complex it =

fails 3 for a failure rate of 0.39%.  lib/odbm fares less well.  The test=
 =

of lib/odbm returns:

lib/odbm........./usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_dbminit" called =

from
perl:../lib/auto/ODBM_File/ODBM_File.so at 0x410e1c0
dubious
          Test returned status 1 (wstat 256)

Everthing else but these two goes well, and perl assures me:

Failed 2/152 test scripts, 98.68% okay.  3/4363 subtests failed, 99.93% =

okay.

Is perl usable in this condition?  (I mean, as usable as a Netscape beta =

or any MIcrosoft product :-)  I will dig into the documentation to try to=
 =

explore this a bit further, but does anyone know if there is anything I =

can do or add to my system to increase the likelihood of getting 100%.

On another topic, related because perl's configure looked for it, has =

anyone ported GNU's C libs to netbsd-mac68k?

Regards,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com             TSSchulze@aol.com
There is, however, a limit at which forbearance ceases
to be a virtue. -- Edmund Burke