Subject: Colour X-windows on SE/30
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Wardrop <wardrop@webtime.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/13/1998 12:33:46
Hello all,

I've got NetBSD installed on my formerly retired SE/30, and it seems great,
except for the screen. After using my newer 17" AppleVision monitor, which
is connected to a PM7600, it's hard to go back to 580x370 (?) monochrome.

I have tried MkLinux on the PM7600: whilst it's a great UNIX-style
environment, for most of the mundane things I do, the MacOS is more handy.
With an X-terminal I could just connect to NetBSD on the SE/30 when the
mood or need strikes, without re-booting.

Is it possible to use the PM7600 & screen as a colour X-terminal? (I think
there is a shareware X-terminal emulation package available from TNT) Can I
connect NetBSD on the SE/30 to  the X-terminal on the PM7600 with
AppleTalk? Or should I invest in an ethernet card for the SE/30?

Thanks for all the interesting advice on this list,

Regards, Simon.
Simon Wardrop
7-19 The Nicholas Building
37 Swanston Street
Melbourne, 3000

Tel (work):     	+61-3- 9663 2588
Tel (home):    	+61-3-9428 4610
Fax:                   	+61-3- 9428 6443
email:		wardrop@webtime.com.au