Subject: Re: Colour X-windows on SE/30
To: Simon Wardrop <wardrop@webtime.com.au>
From: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/1998 21:38:44
I had a really easy time of doing ppp over a direct connect between my
SE/30 serial port and my Powerbook serial port. I just ran IP over it,
and it was fine. pretty fast too, for a serial connection. I'm pretty
sure that I pushed it at over 57.6k. I want to say that I broke the 128k
barrier, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, what can an xterm do for you that telnet can't?

If you really want full X Windows, not just an xterm, MacX 2.0 is pretty
cool. It's around $150 though... I convinced my part time job to buy it
for me (instead of a sparcstation - it helps to have a good tradeoff 8-)

-Capt Avram Dorfman
Chief, Network Operations
email: dorfman@pentagon.mil
(last resort email: avram@pobox.com)