Subject: hfsutils 3.1
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/1998 17:51:27
I've got the command-line tools installed and working just fine, but I
can't get the Tcl/Tk versions to compile. I followed the directions in
the README for giving 'configure' hints about the locations of the tcl
and tk files, and it correctly auto-located the X11 files on my system,
but I keep getting this sort of error:

# make
cd libhfs && make
gcc -g -O2 -Ilibhfs -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c hfswish.c
In file included from hfswish.c:29:
/usr/local/include/tk.h:72: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Is there something I should be adding to ld.so.conf or a *PATH variable
that will tell programs where to look for X libs when compiling?

On a similar note, I notice that hfsutils still have problems from time
to time with errors like "mode sense (4) returned nonsense; using
fictitious geometry." Is this because the SCSI drivers don't have all
the bugs quite ironed out yet?

--
The first human being who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the
founder of civilization.