Subject: Re: Possible fix for ADB hang on IIcx, SE/30, et. al...
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/1998 01:28:18
Colin Wood writes:
> Ok, I've come up with a somewhat weird solution to the ADB hanging problem
> which seems to only affect those machines with direty ROM's (i.e. the
> SE/30, II, IIx, and IIcx...although I've only seen problems reported on
> the IIcx and SE/30).
[...]
> Anyway, if you compile you're own kernels and prefer MRG_ADB for some
> reason over HWDIRECT, please try the patch below and let me know how it
> goes.

I just gave it a try on my IIcx (with KeyTronic extended keyboard):

  /netbsd: adb: bus subsystem
  /netbsd: adb: extended keyboard at 2
  /netbsd: adb: 100 dpi mouse at 3

and now it works!  Good job!

Now for the next question: what are the advantages/disadvantages
of HWDIRECT vs. MRG_ADB?

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes@uchicago.edu                               University of Chicago