Subject: Re: XWindows in user mode; also, OpenLook
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: CTAPYXA <ctapyxa@UCSD.Edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1998 12:55:53
>What is the exact error message that it gives you?

Colin, I'm sorry. I figured it out myself. There was no problem at all.
When I test new software I redirect stderr to the file for later check (and
to not mess the screen 8-) ), so I confused one *errors file for another.
The problem actually was that it couldn't find the library, so after I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH X loaded just fine. Then, another question arises: I can do
setenv as root, but not as user. Is the only workaround - to edit .cshrc
(as I did)?

I would just like to use the occasion to thank you for your support - I was
following the group silently for a while (the archive contained answers to
all my questions up to a certain point) and I can't help but admire your
dedication to the topic. I am sure had it not been for you (and some
others, I must add), the users' base for MacBSD would have been much
smaller. I could say that there is a great customer service for MacBSD -
not many commercial products can boast this.

Yuri Oskotsky.