Subject: Re: Color X
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1998 12:53:41
Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 13:33:48 -0500 (EST),
> mrz5149@cs.rit.edu (Michael R Zucca) wrote:
> > > 	I have Colin Wood's version of Color X up and running with only
> > > one minor problem. The colors make the display impossible to read. Text is
> > > is light yellow while the background is in a slightly off yellow. Window
> > > bars are in a pink and the text in a slightly darker pink.
> >
> > You're using the Color server with a kernel that doesn't support color.
>
> Actually, I think if running the color server on a kernel w/o color
> support was the case, you'd get either a B&W screen or an array of
> many small, nearly identicall screens.
>
> I remember Colin had a similar problem with earliest color kernels/
> servers.  As it was a problem between the video card and the grf
> driver and I was only working on the color server, I don't know what
> was exacly the problem, though.

Yeah, I was having somewhat similar problems (I think I had everything a
really weird shade of blue or gray).  It sounds to me like your card isn't
quite supported by whatever it is you're using.  If you're using the LKM,
I'd suggest trying a SLOTMAN kernel as the support Paul's put into it is a
little more complete than that in the LKM.

I hope this helps.

Later.