Subject: Re: Color X
To: None <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1998 09:29:35
On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 13:33:48 -0500 (EST),
mrz5149@cs.rit.edu (Michael R Zucca) wrote:
> > 	I have Colin Wood's version of Color X up and running with only
> > one minor problem. The colors make the display impossible to read. Text is
> > is light yellow while the background is in a slightly off yellow. Window
> > bars are in a pink and the text in a slightly darker pink.
>
> You're using the Color server with a kernel that doesn't support color.

Actually, I think if running the color server on a kernel w/o color
support was the case, you'd get either a B&W screen or an array of
many small, nearly identicall screens.

I remember Colin had a similar problem with earliest color kernels/
servers.  As it was a problem between the video card and the grf
driver and I was only working on the color server, I don't know what
was exacly the problem, though.

> If you're using a NuBus card you're in luck. If you're using on-board
> video you'll have to wait until I finish the on-board video drivers.
>
> If you're using a NuBus card you'll need to pick up a SLOTMAN kernel.

Ken