Subject: Re: hanging during reboot
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1998 05:18:19
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Erik Bertelsen wrote:

> Yeah -- discussions on this mailing list have concluded that this
> phenomenon is related to the size of the kernel (or subtle differences in
> the location in memory of some parts of it), but it is not a simple
> relationship: kernels built from different configuration files (but same
> sources) may differ in respect to allow automatic rebooting on cx and
> SE/30 machines, but rebooting kernels may be smaller than some and larger
> than some other non-rebooting kernels.

	Perhaps it could be something to do with the order in which
options occur in a kernel config file? Or, a few missing #if defined
(blah)'s (or too many?) somewhere within the code... I've not gotten my
IIcx running yet (still need to get my video and ethernet to jive, so it
will run on my network), but once I do it would suck if I can't
reboot/shutdown properly (since it will be running headless ;-))

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!