Subject: Re: preliminary sound survey
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Nathan Raymond <nate@staff.feldberg.brandeis.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1998 03:34:46
There is one person I know of for sure who has intimate knowledge of the
inner workings of the ASC (and all variants) - Antoine Rosset, the author
of Player Pro (the $100 shareware MOD/S3M/MADF etc. player for the Mac).
He wrote an ASC direct driver for his MOD program in asm, and let me tell
you, it increases its performance on 68k Macs fourfold over Apple's
SoundManager.  Worked well on every 68k Mac that I tried it on.  Dunno how
helpful the guy would be, but you never know, and after all he isn't
Apple...

http://www.quadmation.com
RossetAntoine@bluewin.ch