Subject: Re: libXpm compile errors
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Amitai Schlair <amitai.schlair@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/11/1998 01:30:08
> Amitai Schlair wrote:

[whines about libXpm compile not "just working"]

Colin Wood wrote:

> Looks like your Makefile.noX is broken or something like that.  I'd assume
> that noX means no X, but apparently not for this one :-)  The README file
> says that the Makefile isn't ready for production without some editing
> first, anyway.
>
> > I got similar errors about missing files when using Imake. Any ideas how
> > to fix this?
>
> Do you have X installed?  Where do you have it installed?

Yes, this is on a fresh install of NetBSD 1.3 and the generic X distrib,
and it's installed in /usr/X11R6 (where the Installer puts it on
unpacking).

> Did you do an
>
> xmkmf -a
>
> ???

Yup, that gave me troubles too, of a similar kind (missing files).

> What version of the XPM package is this?  I seem to remember it compiling
> out of the box for me....

It seemed pretty darn current, but I'll try the NetBSD-packages version
and see if I can't swing it. (Doh! forgot about that option!)

- Amitai