Subject: Re: libXpm compile errors
To: Amitai Schlair <ays@k2.scl.cwru.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1998 01:11:43
Amitai Schlair wrote:

> I tried compiling libXpm (found it at www.plig.org/xwinman/, in the
> fvwm95 section) on NetBSD 1.3, but I keep running into 'missing file'
> errors. Here's the result of my attempt to compile using the second
> (non-Imake) method in the INSTALL file:
>
> ----
>
> % make -f Makefile.noX
> making all in ./lib...
> + mkdir ../X11
> rm -f ../X11/xpm.h;  ln -s ../lib/xpm.h ../X11
> cc -O -DZPIPE  -c data.c
> In file included from xpmP.h:43,
>                  from data.c:41:
> xpm.h:72: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
> xpm.h:73: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1

Looks like your Makefile.noX is broken or something like that.  I'd assume
that noX means no X, but apparently not for this one :-)  The README file
says that the Makefile isn't ready for production without some editing
first, anyway.

> I got similar errors about missing files when using Imake. Any ideas how
> to fix this?

Do you have X installed?  Where do you have it installed?  Did you do an

xmkmf -a

???  What version of the XPM package is this?  I seem to remember it
compiling out of the box for me....

Later.