Subject: Help with Gateway ( IPNAT Setup )
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: #hea <hea@ix.netcom.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1998 23:22:22
I'm trying to set up IP-NAT so that I can use my local network with a
netbsd
system serving as a gateway to my ISP.

I have tried to exactly follow the IP-NAT HOW-TO at:

http://lethargy.mit.edu/~armenb/ipnat.html

but I must have something wrong.

When I attempt to start IPNAT, I get
some error messages and the gateway does not work.

I have ppp running and can access internet, but machines on the local
network can not use
the NetBSD box as a gateway.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,

.....Harlan

Here is the output during startup:

      [snip]

Automatic boot in progress: starting file system checks.
/dev/rsd1a: file system is clean; not checking
setting tty flags
starting network
hostname: macbsd-p600
domainname: home.net
installing packet filter rules ...
open device: No such file or directory
SIOCFRENB: Bad file descriptor
open device: No such file or directory
ioctl(SIOCIPFFL): Bad file descriptor
open device: No such file or directory
configuring network interfaces:  ae0ifconfig: inetmask: bad value
ae0: flags=8822(BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST) mtu 1500
        inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0x0