Subject: Re: sendmail.cf question
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Capt. Avram Dorfman <dorfman@pentagon.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1998 19:39:08
Ok, I think I need to rephrase my question... I appreciate all the
fresh one.

I just can't remember what I need to do so I stop getting the message:

	"config error: mail loops back to me (possible MX problem?)"

I had this once before, either when I first set up sendmail, or when I
first configured it to use my domain name instead of my hostname, as my
email address. Like I said, I haven't changed my DNS records.  All I've
done is upgraded to 1.3, and accidentally replaced my sendmail.cf (ok,
actually my entire /etc) with the distribution.

I've got masquerading set so that my outgoing mail looks like it comes
from "est.org", but there's something I need to do so that paige.est.org
doesn't try to relay received mail to est.org, since paige is supposed to
*be* est.org as mail goes.

And yes, this is my work email address that I'm writing from...

-Capt Avram Dorfman
Chief, Network Operations
email: dorfman@pentagon.mil
(last resort email: avram@pobox.com)