Subject: Re: A/UX <-> NetBSD
To: None <f94bw@efd.lth.se, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1998 10:40:27
At 5:53 AM -0800 1/9/98, BGW wrote:
>I'm just curious, how was A/UX 3.0.1 compared with todays NeBSD mac68k?
>Has anyone used it, has any comments about it? Is it any good? I'm
>thinking about installing it on my quadra so I would glad to hear any
>comments about it. I have tried to look for some information on the net
>but I haven't found much... and yes, I know it's unsupported, but who
>cares...

It's probably faster and more stable on the models it works on.  On the
other hand it won't ever support the -av models and it won't ever support
some of the new standard features of Unix like multicast and multi-homing
(though there is a work-around for the latter).

I wouldn't exactly say it's unsupported since there is a newsgroup with
some very knowledgable people on it, but the traffic/interest these days is
a lot less than it is here.