Subject: Re: Running from Jaz disks?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick.hutchinson@reuters.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1998 08:47:55
I just downloaded MacBSD 1.3 and started to install on a Performa 600 with
an Iomega Jaz 1.0 GB disk drive, but ran into troubles using installer 1.1g
which I downloaded from the same distribution tree.  The error I'm getting
is when I try to make the devices:

mode = 0104210, inum = 15490. fs = /
ialloc: dup alloc

I used the default values when formatting the partitions with mkfs 1.45 on
the Jaz cartridge and suppose a few of them may need to be changed.  Does
anyone have the proper values I should use?  I remember seeing a note from
Larry Kollar mentioning he was working on a Jaz FAQ, but have not seen a
new posting for the URL as yet.

TIA

Derrick Hutchinson

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual  sender,
except  where  the  sender  specifically  states them to be the views of
Reuters Ltd.