Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3 & 68LC040
To: None <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
From: David Johnston <david@canopus.apana.org.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1998 22:09:02
[ extract of message from <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net> on "Re: NetBSD 1.3 & 68LC040" ]
}
}     My recent experience with the Q605 went like this: you'll want to use
} the booter 1.11.1, as it has a check box that implements a "hack" that
} resolves the problem of loss of video for the console, so you'll be able
} to use the internal video.  And, the kernels later than GENERIC #47 will
} not work!  I haven't tried any since mid-December, but those from 48-52
} do not work on the Quadra 605.  47 works fine.
}

The problem that was causing the above problem on LC475s and Q605s was
fixed by Bill Studenmund a few weeks ago when he found a bug in the
interrupt code - all kernels compiled since then have worked fine on my
LC475, and should also work on your Q605.

You still need to check the special box on the 1.11.1 booter to get internal
video to work though.

	david

--

David Johnston