Subject: Re: will mac68k work with...
To: Parker Beeson <parker@imt.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/1998 09:50:59
Hi,

I tried it when my SE was still alive. I had a radius accelerator. The
problem is that the SE ROMs do not handle 32-bit mode at all. even Mode32
does not work. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Mark

On 8 Jan 1998, Parker Beeson wrote:

> I have an old MacSE (no 30) that I'm thinking of getting a Sonnet
> 68030w/fpu accelerator card for that fits in the PDS slot.  Will 1.3 port
> of NetBSD for 68kmacs work with this accelerator card?? I want to use it
> for a generic ftp server of something.  Will the accelerator speed up the
> disma 9600bps port speed limit??  Thanks.
>
> Currently using MkLinux on an 8600 and wanted to interface the SE with it
> somehow....

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/