Subject: Q: MacOS LPD...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, mklinux-misc@mklinux.apple.com>
From: Eric R. C. Holcomb <erich@wrq.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/1998 13:30:52
Hello all, please pardon the cross-post...

I am interested in setting up an LPD in MacOS.  I'd like to share my
StyleWrite1200.  The one LPD I found, lpDaemon(?) I think is the name, seems
to require both a LaserWriter and postscript.

Questions:

1) Did I misunderstand the README? Can this LPD be used for non-LaserWriter
non-postscript printer.

2) Are there other LPD's available for MacOS?  Or, failing that, is there
another way to share a Mac printer besides AppleTalk? (Sorry folks,
Appletalk slowed my machine to a crawl _and_ I have to support printing from
Win95 too ):

Thanks!

Eric Holcomb