Subject: Re: Can't boot netbsd 1.3 - hung at adb: keyboard test
To: Roger D. Linder <roger@water.ca.gov>
From: John Valdes <valdes@macavity.uchicago.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1998 23:18:42
Roger D. Linder writes:
> I'm trying to upgrade my IIcx running 1.2.1 to 1.3, but can't get the new
> kernel to boot. It appears to hang up at the adb keyboard test(?) and
> requires a hard boot to recover.

I have this exact same problem with my IIcx.  The workaround for now
is to compile a custom kernel, commenting out the "MRG_ADB" option.
In order to do this, you can boot an older generic kernel (GENERIC-47
from ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/kernels/ works).
Once booted, you can then compile your own.

Alternately, I have a GENERIC kernel compiled w/o the MRG_ADB option
which I can put up for ftp.

John

John Valdes                        Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
j-valdes@uchicago.edu                               University of Chicago