Subject: WangDAT 1300
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Steele <steelem@macconnect.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1998 21:20:51
I received a bare-bones WangDAT 1300 - no documentation, cables, power
supply etc.
I set the SCSI dip switches based on prior knowledge of SCSI devices,
luckily they all
look similar. The particular device does not have terminating resisters,
but I have an
external terminator an a case. I put everything together and pluged it in
to my Mac
to see if Retrospect could see it. It doesn't recognize it (but Retrospect
is supposed to
see it - I've emailed them) so I tried to look at it with FWB mounter. It
saw it but
identified it as a drive (no tape, disk or ejectable media - just "drive")
but it does have
the correct SCSI ID. The goal is to set it up with NetBSD. Does anybody
know what
switches need to be set on the drive and what I need to do in NetBSD to get
the drive
to work?

Thanks,
-Mark