Subject: Re: Can't boot netbsd 1.3 - hung at adb: keyboard test
To: Roger D. Linder <roger@water.ca.gov>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/07/1998 16:54:28
Roger D. Linder wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade my IIcx running 1.2.1 to 1.3, but can't get the new
> kernel to boot. It appears to hang up at the adb keyboard test(?) and
> requires a hard boot to recover. The display below (which I've typed, but I
> believe is accurate) tells the whole story. Any advice?

This is a result of a change that went in November 4(?).  The change was
meant to support certain Logitech mice that didn't quite follow extended
mouse protocol.  It seems to have broken a few older Mac II-series models,
tho.  Do you have a standard Apple keyboard or a third party keyboard?
The last report I heard on this used a third party keyboard.

The current workaround is to use a HWDIRECT kernel (of course, there isn't
one readily available at the moment, but maybe I can convince someone to
whip one up :-)  I'll write Scott and Steve on this one in a second.

Later.